Django Slick Reporting¶
Django Slick Reporting a reporting engine allowing you to create & display diverse analytics. Batteries like a ready to use View and Highcharts & Charts.js integration are included.
- Create group by , crosstab , timeseries, crosstab in timeseries and list reports in handful line with intuitive syntax
- Highcharts & Charts.js integration ready to use with the shipped in View, easily extendable to use with your own charts.
- Export to CSV
- Easily extendable to add your own computation fields,
To install django-slick-reporting with pip
pip install django-slick-reporting
"slick_reporting", "crispy_forms", "crispy_bootstrap4",to
CRISPY_TEMPLATE_PACK = "bootstrap4"to your
- Execute python manage.py collectstatic so the JS helpers are collected and served.
You can start by using
ReportView which is a subclass of
# in views.py from slick_reporting.views import ReportView, Chart from slick_reporting.fields import ComputationField from .models import MySalesItems from django.db.models import Sum class ProductSales(ReportView): report_model = MySalesItems date_field = "date_placed" group_by = "product" columns = [ "title", ComputationField.create( method=Sum, field="value", name="value__sum", verbose_name="Total sold $" ), ] # Charts chart_settings = [ Chart( "Total sold $", Chart.BAR, data_source=["value__sum"], title_source=["title"], ), ] # in urls.py from django.urls import path from .views import ProductSales urlpatterns = [ path("product-sales/", ProductSales.as_view(), name="product-sales"), ]
https://django-slick-reporting.com is a quick walk-though with live code examples
Next step Tutorial
- Welcome to Django Slick Reporting documentation!